DHI HAIR TRANSPLANT IN TURKEY - DHI METHOD
DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) hair transplant technique can be said to be a variation of the FUE technique. With the DHI, hair follicles extracted from the donor area can be directly embedded into the receipt areas without creating the channels via utilizing an implanter (choi) pen that features a hollow needle connected to a tub and plunger device. Therefore, it can be described as a technique that combines 2 steps of FUE in one process.
Graft collection is performed as in the FUE method. However, the implanting procedure is completely different. The difference that distinguishes the DHI method not only from the FUE technique but from all other techniques is using of a special pen which is called Choi pen during implanting process. In addition, unlike other methods in the DHI method, there is no need to shave hair to the planting area. The advantage of unshaved hair transplantation makes DHI more preferred especially by women.
In accordance with the examinations and consultation, if the patient is suitable for the DHI hair transplant, the operation day is decided by the joint decision of the patient and the doctor. On the day of operation only the donor area is shaved. Both the donor area and the area to be transplanted are anesthetized with local anesthesia. The extracted grafts inserted in the implanting area via Choi pen without wasting anytime. The grafts are placed in the Choi pen, the channel is opened with the tip of Choi and the hair follicle is inserted in the channel and the implanting process is completed. The biggest difference of the method which is also known as the Choi method arises at this stage.
ADVANTAGES OF DHI METHOD
- The recipient area does not have to be shaved.
- Faster recovery during the postoperative period.
- During the implementation process reduces bleeding. Therefore, there would be more blood supply to the recipient area.
- Higher survivor rate of hair follicles.
DISADVANTAGES OF DHI HAIR TRANSPLANT
- It is more costly comparing to other hair plantation techniques.
- Comparing to FUE method less grafts can be transplanted in same amount of time.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE FUE and DHI?
- FUE technique requires hair shaving. In DHI hair transplant, it is enough to shave only the donor area.
- The main difference is the way of the application of the operation.
- The recovery period of the DHI is slightly shorter than the FUE technique and almost there is no bleeding in the DHI.
- While the FUE technique is more appropriate way for transplanting to larger area the DHI is the ideal method for implanting frequent.
- The FUE technique requires hair shaving. In the DHI technique, it is enough to shave only the donor area.
- The cost of the DHI technique is slightly higher than the FUE method by virtue of the equipment used and more crowded operation team.